Tuesday 12 March 2013

A Distinct Lack of Money Making

Last weekend was not a good one for work. I worked Thursday night and managed to give three dances. I was supposed to work on Saturday night too, but the time of the month came along. What are strippers supposed to do when they are on their period? I am just going to have to assume that they can't work. This left my grand total of money earnt that weekend at £24; far less than the previous week's £180.

Drinking on the job, with the boss
I may have mentioned that my boss is a darling. He often orders the girls drinks, particularly on dead nights like last Thursday. He offered me a drink several times on Thursday, but I wasn't feeling very well and I'm actually not much of a drinker. He saw me drinking at one point in the night and was amused to find that the drink in my hand was water. At the end of the night, he gave me and one other girl a shot of something lemon-y. I personally don't like sherbet and this was exactly what the drink tasted like, but I managed.

He has offered to take me to lunch one day; I am sure I will go. I can't tell what kind of relationship he is trying to have with me; I can't tell if he is properly flirting or if he is just looking after me. Don't get me wrong, despite his working in a strip club, he isn't sleazy. He flirts with all the girls and I am fine with that; I am a flirt myself. I just don't want him thinking that we could ever be anything else. Luckily, I am very good at saying no.

Innocence Maintained
My boss laughs at me because of my naivety, my wide eyed innocence. Of course, I absolutely play on that; I am the baby of the group and I use that. It helps in my line of work. The owner of the club, a different man to my boss, told me that my innocence is what will make me a fortune. I will admit, I find that a little gross, but I have been using my vulnerability as a way of attracting people for a long time.  Obviously, a lot of it is exaggeration; I am still a stripper, but I am also a tiny bit of a prude and easily shocked. On top of this, I have a young looking face, rounded with little features.

I do not believe that stripping will take away the naivety that I have; life would have already taken it if it were to happen. Besides, even if I were to stop being truly naive at all, it's the part I play best of all. I have my giggle spot on and most of the time it is faker than it sounds. So maybe I will make a fortune yet. Just not last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment