Friday 14 June 2013

Face Painting

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup
It has been years since I wore foundation. In fact, the last foundation I ever wore was £1.50 from the local market and I was about 16. So safe to say that I don't know a lot about foundation and what's good. Recently my skin has decided that it no longer does nice and clear so I figured it was about time that I bought something to cover up and even out. My mum swears by Clinique and my Grandmother says that it is the only makeup that she doesn't have an allergic reaction to. Because I have so little understanding of what foundation to use, colour and type-wise, I got the lady to help me. She was a pretty woman, I would say early twenties. She was quite pale with freckles and dark hair. She was wearing pink tint on her lips and a little pink blusher. We tested two different kinds of foundation on my hand and I decided that the Anti-Blemish Solutions was the better of the two. If I am being completely honest, I couldn't much tell the difference between the two, it's just that this was the first one that she put on. Then she put in on my face. I never get my makeup done by anyone else; I have never been the kind of girl who gets ready to go out with other girls. It felt like I was getting my face painted. When I was younger, I would always ask to be a fairy, or a butterfly, but sat there with her doing my makeup, part of me was hoping that she would make me a tiger. I am not quite sure why. As I was sat in the chair, it hit me that I was dressed about as close to a tom-boy as I get, when you consider that I am pretty girly and never wear jeans, only skirts and dresses. My hair was all messy ponytail and the only makeup I had before going to Boots was a little mascara. I was wearing a scratty old Sid Vicious T-shirt that belonged to my mum before I was born, a light blue tie-dye skirt with leggings, an over sized old army jacket and my Nike Blazers. It obviously didn't help that I had no idea about what she was putting on my face and that, when she asked what my skincare regime was, my answer was 'I wash my face...?'. Ah well. It was like a transformation scene in a movie, although it would have helped if she had held the mirror where I could see myself afterwards.
Boots' Soft Cosmetic Sponge Wedges
Back when I did used to wear foundation, I never used a brush. Sometimes I would just use my hands, but I always preferred to use sponges. I find them easier to use and I like the feel of them. Plus, they are much cheaper than brushes and I had just bought really expensive foundation.
Boots' Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Cleansing and Toning Wipes
My last make up wipes were dirt cheap and, honestly, not that great. Although, possibly Mulan's magic make up removing sleeves have raised my expectations for make up remover a little too high. I trust Boots' Tea Tree and Witch Hazel line, I already use the facial scrub. They have a clean smell about them, which is always nice. Plus, I like the colour of the packaging a lot and good packaging gets you every where.
Boots' Essentials Lipsalve
I have a bit of an obsession with moisturizing my lips. This lipsalve is cheaper than Vaseline and works almost as good. My last lipsalve was the peppermint one and I have just run out of that. This particular one is unflavoured and not tinted. It just does the job that it is supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment